On Wednesday afternoon Chris Beetles and I drove down to the Royal Berkshire Shooting School to conduct an auction for Peter Jones's charity, Forgotten Children. I'm not one of nature's huntin', shootin' and fishin' chaps, so I met a whole group of characters I wouldn't normally bump into. The auction prizes were also ones I wouldn't normally come across - like clay pigeon shooting and treking in 4x4s - but they raised £33,250 for the charity. Because of the dreadful weather - it poured with rain all the way there, and all the way back - I failed to get back to London in time for David and Carina Frost's summer, I repeat summer, party.



10 Comments:
sir,
but you have shot so many people in your books so far :)
Please send some rain "down Under". We desparately need it!
Viv
Hello Mr.Archer
I am Natalia ,from Argentina, and i am studying Englsih. Last week we were given an assigment which should be done with one of your short stories. We have to analyse the text and find clauses, monotransitive verbs, and more. I really do not know which story i should choose. Could you recommend me any of yours?
Many thanks
Natalia
you are my favorite author. I have been waiting for you to write again. Kane & Abel and The Prodigal Daughter are my favorite books
Thanks,
dottiestoy@aol.com
toonist - fair point!
anonymous - wish I could send you some of ours!
natalia - I would suggest the story 'Old Love' from 'A Quiver Full of Arrows'. Very best of luck with your assignment. Best wishes, Jeffrey Archer.
hi!! I am Natalia again.Guess what? I have chosen "Old Love" and Too many coincidences" , i think both are wonderful!
Many thanks for your advice!
Best Wishes
Natalia
dear sir,
With reference to hunting, fishing, shooting - is the Hart barrel in the 11th commandment my father, Geoffrey Louis Hart, who made several fine rifles before he retired?
sally - I'm afraid I can't remember, but it could be as I had a US researcher check some specific details in 'The Eleventh Commandment'. Best wishes, Jeffrey.
Post a Comment
<< Home