A day of running around yesterday began with breakfast at The Berkeley with Alki David of 111 Pictures who wants to purchase the film rights for A Prisoner of Birth with the intention of making a mini-series for television. I think we came to an agreement, assuming he can now agree terms with my agent. On to the dentist for an hour's inspection of the molars, never my favourite activity, and from there to lunch with Dr Rita Gardner CBE, Director of the Royal Geographical Society, to discuss a fund-raising idea. From lunch to Target Living, who are building my home in Majorca, which is currently going well, in fact one keeps hearing that the Spanish are always behind on building projects, but we're having our topping-out ceremony in a couple of weeks time - ahead of schedule. Ended the evening discussing with Chris Beetles which pictures and sculptures should be in the Majorcan home. We dined at Lucio's restaurant in the Fulham Road at my usual table, and on the table opposite us sat Mr Luiz Felipe Scolari, the new manager of Chelsea Football Club, with their Chief Executive, Peter Kenyon. Mr Scolari has not only taken over as the club's manager, he's also taken Mr Mourinho's table at Lucio's. Is nothing sacred?



5 Comments:
Dear Jeffrey
Great news that a Prisoner of Birth could be a mini series on TV. It will make great TV - just hope it doesn't take too long to make. I really wish we didn't have to wait until next March for your new book - seems ages off. It also sounds really interesting - cannot wait.
Kindest regards
Rosemary
Dear Jeffrey,
Prisoners of Birth.its a week since i finished reading.But Danny still is in my mind transforming as a great character. I wish you could write faster and release your next book.
Sincerely yours
Prasanna MP.
I too await the TV production with great interest - is it being made in the UK?
Are gorillas allowed to comment here, Mr Archer? I have indeed read several of your novels. So engrossed was I in one of them that my bladder almost burst because I forget to relieve myself.
Dear Jeffrey,
Just finished reading 'A quiver full of Arrows'.Your style of writing is uniquely casual.Great writing!!!
Just a little clarification.Page 221 ,line 7 from bottom-- 'Pronounciation',may have to be corrected as 'Pronunciation'.
...V.S.Nanduri@yahoo.com
Post a Comment
<< Home