Arrived back in London yesterday from my writing trip, having completed the 9th and 10th draft of Paths of Glory which is being scheduled for March next year. Thank you for all your emails about A Prisoner of Birth in my absence, which I was happy to see was No.4 at Gatwick airport, after four months.



7 Comments:
Many congratulations on the recent success of 'A Prisoner of Birth'. How do you manage working through multiple drafts of the whole story in such a short time?!
Hi...i could not beleive my eyes when i saw u promoting your latest book in landmark chennai(India)...I am a great fan of you...and my all time favourate book is your 'Sons of fortune'....i dont think anybody can write a book like that....I have started reading your latest book now...and your speech was also very inspiring...
Finished Reading "A Prisoner of Birth", curious till the end for the relevance of the title. A great plot expertly woven and delivered, keeps one wondering about the highly placed culprits. Think of the relief when they are brought to book by a robust judicial system!
santy - delighted that you enjoyed the book. I'm very disciplined in my writing and write or edit for 8 hours a day - 2 hours on, 2 hours off. So a draft usually takes around 1,000 hours.
Tremendous discipline, sir!
Sir, I've been in love with your books ever since reading your As the Crow Flies during my university days more than 10 years back. Until now almost all (if not all) of your books are in my collection lists. As The Crow Flies bring laughs and tears to me even after reading it a few times and i think i love it most. And your Prisoner of Birth has finally dragged my husband as well to join the club. He is not an English novel reader and guess what, he bought your hard cover copy and put it down only after he finished reading it cover to cover. Hope to see your new book on the shelf soon.
I just finished reading A Prisoner of Birth. I think you erred in the part when Craig called up Danny's uncle to demand 25% of the assets he can recover including "your grandfather's stamp collection." It should have been your "father's".
Post a Comment
<< Home