Header
Header
Header
 


02 June 2008

Greatest hits

Bloggers, anoracks and statisticians note that this site had 557,724 hits last month, an increase of 45,582 on the month before. I much enjoy your comments.

14 Comments:

Blogger Indira Valson said...

Dear Jeff,
Though you do say that the British law has left your former secretary free despite her agreeing to have stolen from you and also that Ted Francis was free while you were imprisoned , compared to us Indians, your system is sound and worth emulating; I hope one day we can proudly say "as good as the British"esp. looking at recent trails-involving politicians . Truly good judgements.

11:16 AM  
Blogger anuja said...

Dear Sir,
I think I can safely say that the increase in bloggers to your site would be due to your visit to India.
Having you amidst us has definitely made us want more of you and your work.
anuja

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is George Ashkar, you may remember my father Gaby Ashkar from Kano in Nigeria. I truly admire your work, and hope to meet you one day, perhaps through my uncle Ely.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer,
I do enjoy your blogs, and I think it is a great way to keep in touch with one and all. I wonder what you think of the recent reports that Ian Huntley is being treated kindly by prison staff, on direct orders from above? He has been given a private cell, with tv, is allowed to wear designer(!) clothes and plays games such as chess and scrabble with prison officers. Am I missing something here? This is a man who brutally murdered two innocent girls. I suppose if he were an ex member of parliament, with a far less significant conviction, then one would have to set an example of strict procedures and transfer him to a C cat the moment he filled his lungs with fresh air. But then all pigs are equal, only some are more equal than others...

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeffrey.. a few more trips to India, trust me, the number's going to double.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord Archer,

Anything you chose to publish – be it a novel or your daily accounts or a recipe (I must mention I can't cook) will, in all sincerity be devoured by me. I have been reading your blogs since you started writing them but after your visit to India, I've started going through the comments as well.
Very interesting ones. Quite colorful...you must've noticed.

I'm quite excited to read that you will come back to India soon.
I hope to be able to meet you then.


Amrita.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jeffrey,

I haven't read your books but your blog makes me want to read them. So I will.

Do take a look at my blog, when you have the time: http://johnpmathew.blogspot.com.

Best

j

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,
Perhaps, it is from our part, that all the 'thank you s' shall flow for being able to spare enough out of your supposed-to-be busy schedule, for writing blogs and also providing with necessary responses, in time.

Hats off to this man of material!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Jeffrey mine's a glass of krug x

1:26 PM  
Blogger admin said...

Lord Archer,

Greetings from the land of your last anchored shore. I am a humble (and often ubiquitous) Software Engineer from India, and now by profession a Business Analyst for a UK based bank at their India office.

I would have loved to address you as Sir Jeffrey, for it seems more intimate, but am afraid that title had already been taken by Geoffrey Boycott. And it may not be even a hint exaggeration if I announce here that he is the first Jeffrey (Geoffrey) that India came to interact with in person and loved so (you may be aware that he has been one of the most famous and loved of cricket commentators and entertainers in India). After your grandly successful visit however, we may have a "Jeffrey competition", more so because we haven’t seen of ‘Sir’ Boycott in recent times. I sincerely hope and wish he is in the best of his health – totally out of the throat cancer, and is being taken good care of, away from the French ladies – Lord (no, no, not you; the other Lord, the one above) grace him and bless him...

India has been touted as a land of the mystics, and perhaps rightly so, but an equally applicable simile would be that India is a land for and land of mythics as well. And so it comes at no surprise to me that you have had a “rock star welcome” all around; we love story tellers, and you are one of the best of the best of contemporary muses.

Reading your blog has been equally entertaining as your books. And I might say that I have practically ‘grown up’ with your books since "Not a Penny More..." and I were born in the same year (and both have been a grand success ever since, if you may :-). As I grew up to go to the college, having gotten the self-confidence and attitude of “can and able” (pun intended), I loved Robert Ludlum more than anyone else, but you were still among my favourites. It was really sad on my part to have missed your autograph for I was nursing illness whist you visited my city in India. I will feel obliged if I get to know of how to get in touch with you, if at all, whilst I am in London next time.

Thank you for being so entertaining, influential and inspiring with your tales.

Sincerely,
Mil Joshi
[Mind, The Gap - http://pagethdnim.blogspot.com]

9:13 AM  
Blogger Gembo said...

Dear Jeff,
I came across your blog through your website, which I got off the Prisoner of Birth novel. That novel is a great piece of work, and what a twist!

I have to say I am not much of a novel reader, but that changed when I started reading Kane and Abel 15 years ago. My brother is also a big fan of you. I hope to meet you one day, to shake hands with one great story teller.

Azmi Razak - gembo-gembo.blogspot.com

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read 'A Cat O' Nine Tails' and then going back to read 'A Quiver Full of Arrows',I can only conclude that either life experience or prison has led to a difference to your writing style. The latter collection contains stories that require much contemplation afterwards. The former are still enjoyable, but not as dark or intense. The Prison diaries really are excellent. However, one does wonder if the average prisoner would receive so much kindness and protection from prisoners such as Fletch. I certainly was appalled that you were put in there. We should all be afraid. Thank you for inspiring me to read once again.

Mike. Isle of Man(the cultural wasteland)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Archer,
I have enjoyed msny of your novels. But recently when I received from Readers Digest 'Prisoner of Birth',Iwas directed to "A Prison Diary'
I should like to know whether as a result of this book:-
1. Was there any improvement in the prison regimes which don't eem to be designed to rehabilitate anyone.
2 Any response to child abuse, (Fletch account)
3.The increased use of drugs in Prison.
You highlight so many problems, any results?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

dorothy forsyth - to answer your questions, prisoners now receive equal pay for work and education, but there is no discernable improvement in the drugs situation.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home