Header
Header
Header
 


09 June 2008

Fine arts and oddments

Yesterday morning I went to the Olympia International Arts & Antiques Fair. It's such a varied and eclectic gathering of antique dealers that it's well worth a visit. You might be interested in silverware, paintings, walking sticks, furniture or even coins and medals, but there's pretty well something for everyone. My favourite was a gentleman from Lincolnshire who sold kitchen utensils from the 19th century. I purchased an egg whisk, 1896, a half pint milk measurer, 1904, and a coffee grinder, 1886, at a vast expense of £220. Mind you, there was an ornate table on the next stand at £287,000 which caught my eye, but I suspect it will still be there this afternoon should you pay them a visit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,
This is Katherine. Abraham from India. I had the honour of meeting you in Pune last month! Sir I am a budding writer... Its a passion apart from my stamp collection! Sir could you please give me your email id or any other mode of getting in touch with you so that i could send you one of my short stories.. Please could you guide me so that I could better my method of writing. Actually Sir I am specialising in English Literature this year and your advice would be very useful. Also Very rarely do we get a chance to get tips from our mentors and I hope you do not turn my request down..
Katherine

6:34 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

katherine - very pleaed that you were able to come to one of my talks in Pune. Why don't you send your short story to me at: questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk and I will have a look at it.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home