Header
Header
Header
 


30 May 2008

A week of 10s

A Prisoner of Birth is No.1 in India for the 10th week in a row, No.1 on the UK Audio list for the 10th week, and will be No.10 on the Sunday Times list this weekend, and I thought you'd be fascinated to know that it's No.10 on the Walagoomy Gazette in South Australia.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just reading through your week of tens - you might be interested to know that you are in the top ten with Prisoner of Birth here on the tiny island of Malta! As for discovering new authors (R K Narayan, in your case), as you said, its never too late. My 82yr old grandmother has just had a spell in hospital, and I took over a copy of False Impression. She was thrilled, and tells me she is now a fan for life!! I have now promised to forward your latest - Prisoner of Birth, which I am sure she will love.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Currently half way through "A Prisoner of Birth" after the first day reading it! I have to say, you thoroughly deserve the acclaim this book is getting; it's a well-written, gripping story with some wonderful observations.

This is the "comeback book" of all "comback books" - many congratulations.

Daniel

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have heard all the superlatives about your stories and this one is no exception. Please check page 449 for a slip up in the family tree!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Riddhi Maniar said...

I finished reading A Prisoner of Birth yesterday! Hats off to you for conjuring such characters and a strong plot. I would love to see a movie made out of this book. I'm looking forward to your next book now.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

Finished POB yesterday.Good effort but mediocre compared to your masterpieces like Kane and Abel and Prodigal daughter :( I have grown up readin your books and you had always kept me guessing... POB was a slight disappointment.I would be wrong if say that your book failed to entertain me. It sure did, but it lacked your true style...On a lighter note,I recommend Will Smith for the role of Spencer Craig if POB is made into a movie. I am sure he would do a great job... at least he did in my imagination :)Btw doesnt Mrs.Clinton remind you of florentyna?Her exit speech brought back memories of my favourite heroine of all times...Florentyna Rosnovski.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!
if you do read my comments this d be something...!
i hated the fact i wasnt in the city when you did come!
and i just finished reading the book!
well the back cover was misleading saying there was a surprise twist in the end...........but nevertheless
i was entertained for two dayz...!!!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home