Header
Header
Header
 


17 April 2008

Double chocolate cake

When I arrived at Adelaide airport on Tuesday morning, I was greeted by a friendly crowd and a large chocolate birthday cake - help! I wanted to tell them I'm still trying to lose weight after only managing to do two training sessions in the last couple of weeks. On the flight to Singapore I watched the film Juno which I much enjoyed, not least because of Ellen Page's fine performance, and when I got off the plane at Changi airport, I found another group of well-wishers awaiting me with an even larger cake - help! They guided me to a signing session in terminal 2 where a queue of people were waiting - mind you, there's not much else to do while you're in transit. After the signing session, the little group kindly entertained me to dinner in an Italian restaurant before pushing me onto the plane for London. Take off was delayed after one passenger decided not to join us and it took them an hour to locate her bag, by which time the flight had lost its slot. I slept for 7 of the 13 hours on board and woke to watch Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood . It came as no surprise to me that his performance ended up earning him another Oscar, but the film was so long and tedious that I only mention watching it because I was stuck on a plane. Landed in London yesterday morning to rain and a traffic jam from Heathrow to Lambeth - though I confess I'm glad to be back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you on picadilly last night, mr archer. you social butterfly.
xx gina

2:46 PM  
Blogger iml said...

Totally unaware of your presence in Singapore :(
Would be absolutely delighted to queue for an autographed book.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My excitement for your arrival in India has reached to its peak with nail biting and very often leg shaking. I am reading A Prisoner of Birth and as expected it is brilliant. My wishes for your birthday. When will you be in mumbai? I dont want to miss the only opportunity to see you. Eagerly waiting for your arrival. aditi

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

adit minda - I will be in Mumbai on May 20th and 21st - details will be posted on my website later this week. Delighted you're enjoying the book.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home