I returned to Cambridge on Friday to do revisions on my new book, so you won't be hearing much from me for the next week or so. I did take a break on Saturday evening to go with Mary to see Blackbird at the Cambridge Arts Theatre. I wasn't sure that the subject would appeal to us despite the good reviews the show received when it played in the West End a year or so ago. Spending two hours watching an argument between a man and a woman who meet some 15 years after they'd had an affair (when she was 12 and he was 40), didn't sound much like entertainment to me. How wrong I was. It was a very demanding and sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat type evening, and gripped me from beginning to end, and I now regret not seeing Roger Allam in the London production. The Cambridge cast, Robert Daws and Dawn Steele, were outstanding and if it comes to a town near you, go and see it.



4 Comments:
I have been thoroughly enjoying your new book your Lordship!!
Hi Jeffrey
When are you going to India ?
It's really good UK are investing with India First the FT then Marks and Spencer this is really good news.
You will be very well received I am sure.
HH
What new book?
Noticed a couple of mistakes in the hardback - name of girlfriend was replaced with name of other female character at one point and the street address was swapped with the surname of the gf at another. Sorry, given the book to my step mum so can't give you the page numbers, but it was well in the 2nd half.
Rich
Sir
I am from India , and u mite have heard the IPL cricket format has caused quite a stir in this world , and among all cricket playing nations except England , which is quite an absence esp to the likes of Kevin Pietersen , Flintoff , Trescothick etc..
What is ur take on this new format and do u think English Players should surely be a part of this league ?
and also wat is ur opinion on the T20 format of the game as opposed to an ODI or Test .and dwindling viewership of Test cricket
Post a Comment
<< Home