Header
Header
Header
 


11 March 2008

We're now live on air...

Yesterday afternoon I did an interview for Talk Radio 702 in South Africa, where A Prisoner of Birth was published the same day as in the UK. I've been interviewed by Jenny Crwys-Williams several times before, so it was a relaxed and pleasant chat. In the evening, I had dinner with John Madejski, chairman of Reading FC and Chancellor of Reading University, who was telling me about a £530m redevelopment project for a large area of land near Reading station, so that when you first arrive in the city you would be greeted by an impressive shopping and business area. He's hoping to achieve the double this year - getting planning permission, and staying in the Premier Division. He left in his Rolls Royce, the length of a London bus, while I departed in my mini.

Off to the gym for my morning hour of agony with my New Zealand coach, and this afternoon I'll be appearing on Alan Titchmarsh's ITV show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

It was enjoyable to see you on The One Show. You did well to survive! For a while I was wondering how you managed to incorporate Toads, Dogs, Mortgages and Hairstyles into your new book! It would have been helpful if Adrian had paused for breath between each item.

Anyway, I have just finished Prisoner of Birth and I must say it is superb. I think you were ring rusty with False Impression, after your long unplanned and unfair holiday. But you have recaptured all your old skill in this book. Highly recommended.

Hope you enjoy all your book tours. I hope one day you will come to Scotland. I need to get my JA collection signed.

Didn't Scotland do well on Saturday?! The foul weathered favoured us.

Kind regards
David

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan Titchmarsh introduces you as the man who reivents himself not bad coming from a superannuated gardner with a well dodgy hair cut !!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home