Header
Header
Header
 


06 March 2008

An on-line grilling

Yesterday I spent an hour at the Daily Telegraph's amazing new offices in Buckingham Palace Road, where I answered on-line questions about, in theory, A Prisoner of Birth, but in practice they seemed more interested in talking about prison. I think one or two of the Telegraph staff were shocked by the positive tone of the majority of the questions and indeed, one of them privately admitted that he wondered if some journalists didn't know what was happening outside their own offices.

In the evening I went to see Major Barbara at the National Theatre. No-one will be surprised that Simon Russell Beale was outstanding as the arms-dealing multi-millionaire, but I was once again reminded what a brilliant actress Clare Higgins is. She gave a delicious performance which is worth a visit on its own. An outstanding production and highly recommended.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a new trend by journalist these days where they would rather talk about prison than interview an author about his latest bestselling books. It's like listening to Mozart and wondering if he ever played a Yamaha.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home