Header
Header
Header
 


13 March 2008

New York bound...

After doing an an interview yesterday with Natasha Kaplinsky for Five News, I went on to Lord's to conduct an auction on behalf of the Hampstead Theatre - theatres are always in need of funds. It was a very glamorous evening and the auction raised £53,000.

I'm now en route to New York to begin a short book tour in the US and Canada. Incidentally, A Prisoner of Birth came into the New York Times Bestseller list at number 7 after 5 days sales. I shall be blogging from America.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Page 25 of the Daily Mail too

Good Luck to you

You see you showed them all !!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you in the US - though you won't need it coming in at seven from nothing!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry page 75 of the Mail
Number seven Paxo eat your pants !
HH

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catch the Wall Street Journal on line folks, excellent Jeffrey Interview and so well tinged with wit.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toronto too...

In Person: Jeffrey Archer
Indigo Bay & Bloor,
Toronto, Ontario
Friday, March 21st – 3:00 pm

Join us for some tea and a scone as international bestselling author Jeffrey Archer talks about and autographs his new book A Prisoner of Birth.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The New York Times will need to revise their summary on the Bestseller website. The person writing the web summary has made an error by saying "framed for murder by four Cambridge frends". If you have read the book you'll know why.

"A PRISONER OF BIRTH, by Jeffrey Archer. (St. Martin’s, $27.95.) A poor Londoner, framed for murder by four Cambridge friends, escapes from prison and exacts revenge."

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Hello Mr. Archer,

Awesome blog here. :D

Do you have any plans to come to India?

-Sid

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Oh my God! You ARE coming to India. I know this is probably REALLY REALLY lots to ask, but do you think I could meet you personally, for maybe like an hour? :D

-Sid

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, just read Kane & Abel and it was an amazing experiance, you can believe I will be reading more.

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was the fragrant miss kaplinsky like then jeffro?

1:56 PM  
Blogger durga priya said...

Im from India and completely love ALL of your books!!! And well.. so does my whole family!!! right from my parents to my three uncles!!! (of which one is a lawyer)!! Im 16 yrs old, and I probably read most of your books when I was in the 9th std!!! Also, I must have read "A prisoner of Birth" like a million times!!! I do hope you visit India!!! I for one would love to meet you!!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home