During the weekend I conducted two charity auctions - one on Friday evening for the Cambridge Rotary Club held at my local rugby club which raised £9,700, and on Sunday lunchtime at the Reform Club for Cancer Backup which sends in nurses to 'hold your hand' when you discover you have cancer. This one raised £14,400. Mary and I then went on to the cinema to see The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - a remarkable film, harrowing and moving at the same time, with a brilliant script written by the Oscar winning screenwriter, Ronnie Harwood.



10 Comments:
Yes; Mr Harwood did another beautiful job adapting a seemingly unfilmable story;
In it's own way, this is as good as The Pianist, (although I still prefer the adaptation of his own play; The Dresser) I look forward to his version of 'Love in the Time of Cholera' with interest.
I am a French Born American living in France. An "unconditionnelle"admirer of your works. Fascinated by your life; I have a question,which answer I coulnd find in you bio notes; maybe I shoulnd ask and forgive me if it is so, but it sort of puzzle me .
Why lie : to spare Lady Archer, to save your career, or just to get away with it, or just to lie .
I am going to order of course The Prisoner of Birth, directly from the US if I can thru Amazone.
Does Lord Archer comments on the messages he receives ?
Merci.
Jeffrey
You have been busy -yet again
yasmin
in memory of Charlie Rocket
http://www.myspace.com/132501307
3 march 08
Greetings to the best writer and my inspiration,
I read the first two chapters of your new book in one of the mails that was sent to me as being your site subscriber. It is brilliant. Bravo! I am desperate to get my own copy. When is this book releasing in India? How can I obtain a signed copy from you? My uncle stays in the USA, so if that could make things easier for you and me both.
It is always lovely to read every word that comes from someone so close to your heart.
thank you.
Aditi
Greetings to the best writer and my inspiration,
I read the first two chapters of your new book in one of the mails that was sent to me as being your site subscriber. It is brilliant. Bravo! i am desperate to get my own copy. When is this book releasing in india? How can i obtain a signed copy from you? My uncle stays in the USA, so if that could make things easier for you and me both.
It is always lovely to read every word that comes from someone so close to your heart.
thank you.
Aditi
My Lord,
A country with a billion plus folks, you must at least have a million plus fans here. Do drop by. Please. We promise not to bite.
As Johnathan Mann beautifully said - Come, we'll do lunch. (No biting. Ah, the irony is wonderful.)
Thank you for your time.
annick eldridge - I do read the comments on my blog, and appreciate you taking the time to write. Best wishes, Jeffrey Archer.
Aditi Minda - delighted you enjoyed the first couple of chapters. The book will be published in India on Friday - and in the USA today. I'll be in India in May and will be doing some signings - tour details to be posted on my website very soon.
Best wishes.
Post a Comment
<< Home