Header
Header
Header
 


19 March 2008

Cars, planes and Chicago fog

On any author tour it is inevitable that something will go wrong. On Sunday, everything went wrong. From the moment I landed in Miami when my 'minder' and I missed each other at the airport, to having to switch hotels, and the following day having to spend 10 hours in a car to visit 5 bookshops - it was clear that whoever had arranged the tour had not done a dry run. Arriving at the airport yesterday morning for my flight to Chicago, the plane was delayed by an hour. As I was due on the Milt Rosenberg show at WGN Radio - one of the biggest radio shows in the US - I didn't want to be late. When the plane eventually took off, we were faced with another hour's delay due to fog over the city. Luckily, when I landed at O'Hare, my minder was waiting for me and able to get me to the studio on time. There could not have been a bigger contrast between that show, hosted by the distinguished Professor of Psychology at the University of Chicago, and the ManCow show I did this morning which goes out all over the country. But more of that tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the Media are liking you
Jeffrey Archer in Hong Kong Mar 31 & Apr 1
Being a former politician in the UK (he was one of the youngest Members of Parliament at the age of 29) and an internationally bestselling author (he has over 120 millions books sold throughout the world). Jeffrey Archer offers a lot of insider’s information that you and your readers or audience would not want to miss. Being Lord Archer, he is open to talk about a wide range of topics, ranging from his tips of investing an impressionist painting to his views on the US 2008 election. Now you can have a chance to interview him in a one-on-one meeting.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jeffrey, A Prisoner Of Birth is still not available in India. I checked with quite a few bookstores. They have no clue on the same.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Sir Jeffrey Archer, how was your stay in Miami? I was in Naples, Fl and I would have loved to met you but I wasn't aware of your appearance until it was too late. You need to visit the west side of Florida, we love you too.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home