Header
Header
Header
 


10 March 2008

Books, entertainment and sport

Had a really first class interview with David Frost on Friday, who seemed just as interested in the future as he did in the past, and indeed I was quick to remind him that when I came out of prison, the invitation for his summer party was on my desk. A good and decent man. I then went on to appear on The One Show on BBC1, and I must confess I've never experienced anything quite like it before. They opened up by chatting about A Prisoner of Birth, then the subject changed to Natterjack toads, Crufts, the benefits of mortgage versus rent, and politicians' hairstyles - all in the space of 30 minutes. I just about survived, and confess I rather enjoyed it.

What a weekend of sport. The England rugby team humiliated, the England cricket team embarassed, and Manchester Utd and Chelsea are no longer in the cup. "Enough, no more. 'Tis not so sweet now as it was before."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harking back to the One Show it was an *eye popping* piece of telly and you looked startled as he cut to the toads- but you just played along with it
Adrian I think spent too much time on his hair that night instead of composition of the programme

Richard and Judy have little to fear

11:17 AM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

This is what happens after 10 years of Labour

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a long time fan who has read everyone of your books. I have recently purchased an Amazon Kindle and the moment I saw you had released Prisoner of Birth, I logged on to the Kindle shop to purchase it. I was dismayed to see that none of your books are available there. Have you decided against publishing in a Kindle format? If not, hurry. as I can't wait to read your new book. If you will not be releasing the book via Kindle, please let me know and I will stop postponing my purchase of a hardbound copy. Many thanks.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

suzette - 'A Prisoner of Birth' is going to be released for Kindle, and this should happen very shortly. Best wishes.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent. Thank you so much for your swift response. I look forward to being held captive. When Kane and Abel was first released, I borrowed a library copy. Subsequent to reading it, I purchased a copy. Why? So you could earn royalties and because it was the best book I had ever read. That was the first time I purchased a book AFTER having read it. I have done so only three times since. For Katherine Neville's, The Eight, Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey's, A Woman of Independent Means, and Ken Follett's, Pillars of the Earth. Thank you for penning one of my all time favorite books.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home