Tuesday: American Publication Day. Just in case you think publishing a new book is all fun, I went to Broadcasting House, the BBC headquarters this morning, sat in a tiny room with a microphone and did eighteen 10 minute regional broadcasts in a row. You have to try and be on top form for each one, which meant when 1 o'clock struck, I was exhausted. I came back for a light lunch before going on to the Richard & Judy Show - always an ordeal, because it's the most popular book show in England, and one has to realise, rather cynically, that however well you've done on 18 local radio shows, you can't afford to fail on what might be the biggest programme you do during publication week.



5 Comments:
Mr Archer,
You didn't fail on Richard and Judy! I will admit that I've never read any of your books, but I am going to buy your new one as you sold it well on the show! My son, who just spent his 20th birthday in prison, has read some of your books while serving various sentences, and you've left a good impression on him, a positive one, for which I thank you.
K.
Dear Jeffrey
Watched you on Richard and Judy last night - you were fantastic. You are always interesting to listen to but it was really touching what you said about your experience of being in prison - you should never have been sent there in the first place! I am counting down now until I can buy the book!!
Good luck in Australia
Kindest Regards
Rosemary
Well done Jeffrey! You are a brave soldier.
I hope this is not a duplicate comment.
Despite pre-ordering A Prisoner of Birth, I will have to wait until Monday to have the book in my hands. Its the usual fiasco with where I live and where Amazon USA is located. I can hardly wait but I will have no choice.
There is one book review up on the Amazon USA website.
Book Review
Dear Lord Archer,
Is this brilliant book what I finished last nite going to be a televison show too please?
Post a Comment
<< Home