Header
Header
Header
 


26 February 2008

Theatre news

Last night I went to the May Fair Hotel for a reception arranged by the Donmar Theatre. Their tireless director, Michael Grandage told us about their plans for the coming year, which include my favourite actress Margaret Tyzak in The Chalk Garden, Derek Jacobi giving us his Malvolio in Twelfth Night, and Jude Law taking on the formidable role of Hamlet.

Both the Donmar and the Almeida continually demonstrate their tremendous enthusiasm and energy, not to mention their cosseting and caring for donors and supporters, believing it is every bit as good as a government grant. Once again I was impressed by the number of young people the Donmar have on their staff, who devote far more time than their working hours to making sure the theatre stays on the map. The extra piece of news Mr Grandage was able to announce, was that they have purchased the lease hold on the building, and therefore the theatre is safe for another 135 years. Good news indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Holtom said...

27th February 2008, 4.30am

Hi Jeffrey,

Good to see you looking well and fit and still writing great books and inspiring despite what you`ve been through in recent years.

Like you I have great drive and passion, like you, I am often misunderstood. To my surprise, I currently pip you by having around 8,000 profile views on one of my pages!

You`ll receive a letter from me in the next few days at your home near Cambridge which I think will undoudtedly interest you.

As a man of intrigue I am sure you will do some searching of the net to find me!

All the best,


Jeremy Holtom

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home