Header
Header
Header
 


27 February 2008

Puzzled from Grantchester

Last night my theatre club went to the Theatre Royal Haymarket to watch a production of Edward Bond's The Sea. The club had a particular reason for going as Harry Lloyd, the son of one of our members, Jonathan Lloyd, is playing the juvenile lead - and very good he was. The cast was led by the wonderful Dame Eileen Atkins - when does she ever give a bad performance? However, I must confess to not understanding the play, which finishes half-way through a sentence. If any of you can explain, in under 300 words, what I was meant to come out of the theatre thinking, please could you let me know? I only ask because one of the cast asked Mr Bond to explain certain things, and he refused to do so. Perhaps I'm destined to remain puzzled from Grantchester. If you want to see fine acting, then go, but if you want an enjoyable evening, forget it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting; should there be no chance of seeing Speed the Plow in mid-March, (at present, the only option is to do a Tom Cruise and drop on a rope into the stalls) I shall go to this instead..........

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shall not try as I am afraid I don't know - but I am looking forward to your new book and to the free preview you have promised here...

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why no book signing's in L A?

1:48 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - good question. I'll have to ask my US publishers!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home