Header
Header
Header
 


12 February 2008

Publication day approaches

The build up for the publication of A Prisoner of Birth begins today, as this morning I received a finished copy of the book - a very exciting moment for any author. The rest of the day has not been quite as much fun, as I've been at my publishers most of the afternoon where I had to sign 1,500 copies to start the ball rolling. The orders from bookshops are around 30% up on False Impression. It's always a strange period, these two or three weeks before publication when you wonder if anyone will buy the book, but I have been cheered by the number of enthusiastic emails received while I've been away - many thanks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeffrey

I'm sure your new book will do fine......

Don't let any negative thoughts get in the way & stay positive. Glad you are cheered up by the emails you get.

You have a core of, how shall I put it, " die hard" fans out there around the world who love reading the stories your write & are eagerly awaiting the publication of your new book & no doubt you will have some new fans who are only just starting to read your works.

I have read a couple of your books : A Twist in the Tale was one ( loved the twists...) & the other was 12 Red Herrings. I especially liked the fact that you embellished some real life stories to make them into your own in 12 Red Herrings. ( cant remember if I've read any of your other books over the years ).

Good luck with your new book & remain positive.

yasmin
in memory of Charlie Rocket
http://www.myspace.com/132501307

11:30 PM  
Blogger Steff East said...

Dear Jeffrey
My 11 year old son has recently started reading through your entire collection of books and is totally blown away by them. He is very excited at starting your new one.He is an avid writer himself and has recently completed a manuscript himself which i think is wonderful - but then as his mother - i would!!!!
However he has just been awarded a scholarship to Merchant Taylors school in Merseyside on the strength of his talents - so maybe I'm correct!!! Have you got any advice for him. Dont suppose your publisher would be interested in a potential new best seller??? x

1:57 PM  
Blogger Raghu (a.k.a Salvatore)™ said...

My Lord,

Long time reader, first time commenter. I know praise is overrated these days and everything seems to be special or "the next big thing". In such a world, moderation is the need of the hour. Comments or otherwise.

Your books are wonderful. Beautiful language. Intriguing plots. Fascinating characters. If we can judge an author by his/her book, then, Sir, you are one interesting bloke with a vivid imagination! Almost like the kid in one of the Warner Bros. cartoons, the one where the kid keeps falling asleep in class and drifts into dreamland.

Even though I have read a few articles about the reasons for your incarceration, I must admit, the picture is still quite murky to me. Prison Diary I and II haven't cleared this up as yet(Yet to reach Heaven).

Back to your post about "A Prisoner Of Birth". It's interesting to see that even after all these years of publishing multitudes of best-sellers your nerve still tingles.

Good luck with this book. If you don't mind me saying, I hope this book is a MUCH better read than False Impression.

Too optimistic to hope for a reply?

Thank you for your time.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home