Last night I went to a opening of Madeleine Farley's fascinating photographic exhibition at the Westbrook gallery on Windmill Street. Taking her inspiration from classic movie scenes, she has put elements of those scenes into the photographs, leaving the viewer to guess which film it is. The most popular print was of A Clockwork Orange which had sold 9 editions by the time I left, but a close second were Breakfast At Tiffany's and Driving Miss Daisy. Throroughly recommended.



2 Comments:
Hi Jeffrey, I had asked you earlier why your previous novel "the gospel according to judas" is not well marketed in India. It is still not available out here nor are many people aware of it. You had said you would look into it. Being a huge fan I am sad to see that Mumbai which is amongst the best cities in the world is ignored as a market. Im sorry to say this but i hope its not biased behaviour against the region. please inform me how do i land my hands on a copy out here?
viral - Sorry to hear you can't find a copy of 'The Gospel According to Judas'. I'm not sure why this is. It has sold several thousand copies in India, particularly Mumbai which is well served by Macmillan. There is certainly no discrimination by the publishers against the Indian market - they tell me they've been established there for more than 50 years as a major publisher of both education titles and commercial publishing. If you go to any reputable bookstore and ask for a copy, if they don’t have it in stock they will order one up for you from the publisher's office in Bangalore. Otherwise you could order through Amazon.co.uk - this may be the easiest option. Best wishes, Jeffrey.
Post a Comment
<< Home