On Saturday afternoon I watched my home team of Cambridge beat Wharfedale 33-32. The lead changed hands so often that I was fortunate to be sitting next to an accountant called Gordon Brown who was able to assure me who was in the lead. In the 80th minute we were leading, then Wharfedale scored a try in extra time and we all thought that was the end of the game. Wharfedale kicked off again, Cambridge caught the ball and the movement didn't stop until we scored in the corner and won. It doesn't get more exciting than this. We are now 5th in the table and preparing for greater things next year. In the evening I watched England capitalise on the French mistakes and score a well-deserved victory. Not yet time to write off Wilkinson or the poor old veterans of the World Cup as they put the French firmly in their place.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home