Header
Header
Header
 


28 February 2008

Books and book-keeping

Yesterday afternoon found me at Sky studios to pre-record The Book Show with the sexy voiced Mariella Frostrup, which will be transmitted on Sky Arts on 20th March. I much enjoyed being on with that excellent crime writer, Peter James, and the show was great fun, even if I did get told off for trying to take over the interview. Publication a week today, just in case you've forgotten!

I then went on to a reception held by ICAP at Shoreditch House in the City. The ICAP Charity Day began in 1993 when the company decided to donate all revenues and commissions generated on one designated day each year to charities. Yesterday their Group Chief Executive Officer, Michael Spencer, distributed - hold your breath - £9.2million. I received a cheque on behalf of the The National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy for £300,000 which will help them with their new building. I'd like to thank the person who sent in the story about the American senator - it went down very big last night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

Jeffrey.

I must congratulate you on your blogs. In Britain today when so mush is so depressing, it is a delight to read your blogs, so much of it informs of good work that is never in the media.The tone is always positive and uplifting.
Do you have to work hard at not commenting on politics?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

johnny norfolk - not at all! Best wishes, Jeffrey.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just bought your book "A Prisoner of Birth" Have not read it yet, but just want to say I think you are a genius, though my local librarian did not like me borrowing your 'prison' books. Said you were a disgrace. I bet he wishes he had one millionth of your talent. Good luck from Australia.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home