Header
Header
Header
 


27 February 2008

Book pricing

Eight days from publication and the mystery of pricing is upon me. If you pre-order A Prisoner of Birth from amazon you will only pay £9.99, and a week tomorrow you'll be able to buy it in Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and WHSmith, also for £9.99 - almost half price, which makes me wonder where the profit margin is for the bookseller. The supermarkets assure me that they'll still be making a pound a book, which is a damn sight better return than they make on baked beans or tomatoes. Well now you know. But hold your breath, because I'll have some surprise news for you on Friday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild-wild guess........

If this information copies the example of 'Radiohead' with their recent album, this loyal fan will take a bad turn; I read all JA's books in a day, and would sooner pay top dollar and have a hard copy in my hands rather than a download...........

6:10 PM  
Blogger Raghu (a.k.a Salvatore)™ said...

My Lord,

The nameless one makes a lot of sense.

Free shipping to India?

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just pre-ordered A Prisoner of Birth from Amazon USA. It is selling for $17.80, which is about the normal price for a new release from a bestselling author. I don't think there is a need to drop the price in the US.

5:20 PM  
Blogger yasmin said...

Dear Jeffrey

The couple of paras about your book on your web page certainly grabbed my attention.

I look forward to reading your new book.

Best
yasmin
in memory of Charlie Rocket
http://www.myspace.com/132501307
3 march 07

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home