Header
Header
Header
 


07 January 2008

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and will have a successful new year. I am currently away writing, so will not be posting the usual comments on theatre or sporting events. However, I will be returning home soon because the launch of my new book, A Prisoner of Birth, is on March 4th in the US and March 7th in Britain. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those people who keep sending their comments, don't stop just because I'm away.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I (no, that's actually a outright lie) my BROTHER has friends in low-places of other publishing houses, and they all say (enviously) that JA's new novel will be a trenchant reminder of how good he has always been.

May that be true; it took critics way- too-long to realize the brilliance of George MacDonald Fraser, and JA deserves a bit of reawakened credit for his place amongst the best of the storytellers.



'Persistance'; a mighty undervalued word.........

1:07 PM  
Blogger Rob Macpherson said...

Happy New Year Jeffrey!
Wow you're writing again already - I am having a go at writing a story of fiction, but it is slow going. I am persisting though and perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to be published.
All the very best for you and your family this year.
Kind regards,
Rob
Melbourne.
PS. I have completed reading "Volume 1 - Hell" - thoroughly enjoyed it. I am over half way through "Volume 2 - Purgatory" and am about to hear about September 11 as it unfolded.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeffrey,
Have a really good new year. (although I'm sure I've already said it.)

7th March in the UK - that's a day before my son's 11th birthday.
I might have to wait abit to get your new book though as my husband says I've already got too many in the house !!! ( unless I borrow it from a library - if Birmingham Central Library decide to have it).

yasmin
8.1.08
never let go
in memory of Charlie Rocket/reason for suicide
http://www.myspace.com/132501307

2:02 AM  
Blogger zărzărica said...

Happy New Year to you too, and please keep writing. I am one of of your biggest fans in Romania - read all your books translated into Romanian, and others in original language - and waiting for more of your writings to follow. someday you might come around and launch one of your novels here. you have an open invitation.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Mr Archer!! Its wonderful to hear about your new book.
I am a big fan and admirer of yours from bangalore, India.

Looking forward to your latest book.

pinky, bangalore.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishes for a happy new year from a great fan of yours from India,Chennai..hav read all your books (atleast almost)..love them.. and eagerly looking forward to "Prisoner of birth"

Ram

1:40 PM  
Blogger Gwyn said...

I wonder if you are watching the cricket from Australia and if you are, just what you make of the tension between the teams (Aus and India) both on and off the field.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

gwyn - I am following the cricket. It's sad; why don't they all behave like Gilchrist and Tendulkar?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

rob macpherson - writing is hard work, but best of luck with it.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

zarzarica - delighted you're enjoying my books. Sorry to say I have no plans at the moment to visit Romania in the near future. Best wishes.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Mr. Archer

happy new year to you! i am a big fan of yours from mumbai, india..
i adore your books and for me you are the greatest storyteller..

currently i am reading "sons of fortune" which has taken me spellbound although my all time best is "prodigal daughter"

it is great to hear about your new book..
have u visited india any time? it will be just great to see you here..

anand joshi
mumbai

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anand - many thanks. I am planning a trip to India in May or June this year - keep a look out on my website and I'll post details when dates are confirmed.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home