
I had a visit from Macmillan's marketing team, who are already planning the promotion for A Prisoner of Birth. They showed me fourteen different ideas for press and billboard advertising, which we whittled down to three - with some tweaking still to be done. Here's one of my favourites. I haven't had such enthusiasm from my publishers around the world since Kane and Abel. Their commitment and the energy they are putting behind this book would be thrilling for any author.



24 Comments:
Looks Great! You are a wizard storyteller- every chapter crafted.
Thanks for the effort you put into the blog-really enjoy hearing of your day to day activities- esp the theatre comments. Saw Richard Gaunt in The Seagull at Auckland and he was Flying!(The prop of the Seagull was pathetic, though). Rosenpage
Hi Jeffrey,
here's wishing you and your close ones much merry making and all the best for the festive season
Hello Jeff
I've been meaning to get in touch with you for a while...
Allow me to take this opportunity to wish your family and yourself a very Happy Christmas.
I read your Prison Diaries and was flattered by the mentions I received but I have to say I was disappointed that you didn't mention my overhead kick goal, with my first touch in the game, on my debut for the NSC's football team!
I've been writing my autobiography and was hoping that you could give me some advice on publishing.
I would appreciate it if you could send me an email address to get in touch with you.
Yours
Mo Riaz
As for the commitment and energy Jeff I'm sure you deserve it and I look forward to a cracking good read. Please Please keep writing.
Ian
WOW!!
Happy xmas and for the new year to you, your Lordship..
Great to know you've come up with a new novel. Can you believe it was the reason that led you to write your first novel 'Not a Penny more, Not a Penny Less' that also inspired me to write by first novel-The Sixth Eye. You'll love it. It's awaiting publication.
.... also Merry Christmas to you - and a Happy New Year!!
I just cant wait to read PRISONER OF BIRTH. I must also say that i was the first to "break the news" of PRISONER OF BIRTH to the world- if my info is ocrrect, it was in the interview i conducted with Mr. Archer for rEBECCA'S READS E-ZINE, did mr. Archer reveal the title and plot outline of PRISONER OF BIRTH. so i am reallly looking forward to this one
I would dearly love a signed copy of this book (I realise it's not published until 07 March) but as it is my birthday today wish I had it now
X
Hello Jeffrey,
Happy New Year to you and your family!
I am excited to find that your new book will be out soon and I am looking forward to reading it. The advertising looks very professional.
I am currently reading "A Prison Diary - Volume 1" and I am finding it a most enjoyable read. (I still don't think that you should have been jailed!)
All the very best for a successful 2008.
Kind regards,
Rob Macpherson
Melbourne Australia.
PS. If you manage to get to Melbourne with the release of your new book, I will make every effort to get to a book signing.
The novel sounds great, Lord Archer- wishing you the very best of luck for 2008.
Hi Jeffrey
As I don't know what your other choices were it's a little hard to say but I do like the cover ( if that's what it is). I do like reading murder mysteries.( not sure if I'm allowed to mention names here but I like the scientific bits aswell.) At the moment though I'm not reading much except a few ghost stories.
yasmin
in memory of Charlie Rocket/ reason for suicide
http://www.myspace.com/132501307
Lord Archer,
Not connected with today's blog, but I received "Cat O' Nine Tails" as a Christmas present (I have previously read the three diaries and enjoyed the books immensely). I enjoyed Cat O' Nine Tails" likewise. As a church organist, it made good reading for sermon time!
Thank you for these offerings - please keep them coming!
I hope that everything is going well for you.
Best wishes
Neil
jeffrey i have been wanting to ask you for sometime. Why is the gospel according to judas not available in Mumbai? the book has not been marketed well nor is there an awareness of it out here. Why is it so?
Happy New Year Lord Archer,
This is off-topic and I have no connection with this organisation, but think it is the sort of thing you'd care very much about.
The is currently doing a Christmas production of The Tinderbox. It's a production theatre company that does work with local schools in London and also does a summer production in the London Parks.
The current play is being put on around Oxleas Wood in London in the evening and you walk through the woods to each different scene. However the has written to the production company and told them that they are going to make a 100% cut in their funding. They have been bringing theatre to London children and adults for 35 years.
Could you use your influence to lobby the Arts Council or could you help them to survive somehow?
As I say, I have no connection with this group at all but when I saw the story I was furious and am sending them a donation.
Sorry, I seem to have messed up my html and left the link to the Arts Council open in my post. It seemed okay in preview - my apologies.
hi Mr.Archer. Wishing u a very Happy New Year. i am very excited to know tht ur new book is out. i havent read the book yet but i am dying to grab one. take care of yourself and keep on writing many more books. u r simply great............
Thank you all for your comments - very much appreciated. Best wishes, Jeffrey
viral - I've no idea why this is, but I will find out from my publishers.
blackwhitenightrider - good luck with your book.
Mo, good to hear from you. I'm away at the moment, but make an appointment to see me when I'm back and we'll have a chat about your book. Email Alison at questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk.
Best wishes, Jeffrey
PS. I don't recall your overhead kick goal!
steve turner - thank you for telling me about the London Bubble Theatre Company, and although I can't lobby the Arts Council on their behalf, I will be happy to send them a donation as soon as I get back to London, and I wish them the best of luck with their 2008 programme.
Great cover, as black is well, just black. It looks very sexy,elegant & understated & I'm sure the content is equally classy.
Best.
speaking of kane and abel, when are we going to be able to purchase the dvd?
Post a Comment
<< Home