The following evening (Saturday), Mary and I went to see the Royal Ballet perform Jewels, at the Royal Opera House. I don't have a great knowledge of ballet, and can't even pretend to be an enthusiast, but the quality of this performance would have been hard to miss, even by someone as ill-tutored as myself. The ballet was in three parts, and the highlight for me was the section entitled Rubies, although the aficionados in the audience clearly thought otherwise, giving the final dance, Diamonds, the longest ovation.
Mary and I had been invited by Van Cleef & Arpels to join them in the Royal Box (another first for me), and in an adjoining room was a table laid for dinner for 12. The first course was served during the first interval, with wonderful emeralds on display. The main course was served in the second interval, with rubies, and at the end of the show the pudding was served with diamonds. Before you enquire, and I did, most of the pieces were around a million pounds. I ended up going home with a goodie bag containing a very nice brochure with a description of each piece.
Mary and I had been invited by Van Cleef & Arpels to join them in the Royal Box (another first for me), and in an adjoining room was a table laid for dinner for 12. The first course was served during the first interval, with wonderful emeralds on display. The main course was served in the second interval, with rubies, and at the end of the show the pudding was served with diamonds. Before you enquire, and I did, most of the pieces were around a million pounds. I ended up going home with a goodie bag containing a very nice brochure with a description of each piece.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home