On Monday and Tuesday evenings we held out champagne and shepherd's pie parties, which for me always herald in the beginning of Christmas. The Tenebrae Choir were even more magnificent this year, and their rendition of In the bleak mid-winter was poignant and moving. They ended on a hearty version of We wish you a merry Christmas and I would like to pass that on to all the readers of this blog.



2 Comments:
I have read about these over the years and it must be a great way to start Christmas. I wish you and your family a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Dear Jeff
I remember your references to Shepherd's Pie parties in your prison diaries and still recall them whenever I hear about this dish.
Is a Shepherd's Pie party an Archer family tradition, a celebration of one of your favourite dishes or an English custom?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Do you ever make it yourself?
Do you serve individual or large communal Shepherd's Pies to your guests?
Sorry about the number of questions, I'm just very interested.
Of course, I too cannot wait to read A Prisoner of Birth.
My best wishes for 2008.
Stacey of Melbourne
Post a Comment
<< Home