Header
Header
Header
 


26 November 2007

You can put the pen down now...

A Prisoner of Birth has been sent to the line editor - she who picks up tiny mistakes. For example, on page 111 the judge asks one of the witnesses how many years he's lived in a particular house and he says 7, but 400 pages later, a date proves he only lived there only 6 - so she asks me which I want to change, 7 to 6, or the date. It takes a particularly strange and wonderful mind to spot these things. I signed off on the manuscript at 11.32 on Friday morning, and as the book has been sent back to Macmillan and on to the US, I am in no position to change one word, so it's finally out of my hands. Publication date is March 4th for the USA and March 7th for the UK. I notice that amazon are already taking pre-orders.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MIGHT WAIT AND SEE IF ASDA SLICES A LITTLE OF THE PRICE OF THE HARDBACK, BUT; COUNT ME IN AS AN EARLY READER; IT MUST BE INCREDIBLY HARD TO PERENIALLY MEET EXPECTATIONS, BUT, HAVE NO DOUBTS, THE AUTHOR CLEARLY ENDEVOURS TO GIVE GREAT VALUE..........

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mahesh said...

Hi Jeffrey,

Great to know about the book release, I am going to place my order with Amazon now! Very much looking forward to read it.

Will you be coming to Liverpool for the book promotion? If so I'd like to know where so I can get my copy autographed!!

Mahesh

4:59 PM  
Blogger CDM said...

This is excellent news - - looking forward to getting a copy - a reader from Canada

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Asia , jeff.

Lover from INDIA

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

mahesh - I'm not sure of my March schedule yet, but all details of signings etc will be posted on my website. Best wishes.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

arkantos - Asia will be the same date as the UK, 7 March 2008. Best wishes.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home