Header
Header
Header
 


26 November 2007

Millais at the Tate

I went to the Parliamentary viewing of the Millais exhibition at the Tate Britain on Thursday last week. What a magnificent display of the great man's work. One should begin with the crayon and pencil drawing that he did at the age of nine, to realise why he justifiably became known as precocious; he paints landscape, portraits, and domestic scenes, and manages to master them all. Despite the portrait of Disraeli, my two favourite paintings are in the last gallery, one of which is a Scottish countryside scene. I recommend you see the show before it closes on 13 January.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

Again Jeffrey Thanks.

I had missed this being on. He is one of my wifes favorite artists. So I have booked a couple of days to visit. When we are there I shall tell her that if it was not for Jeffery Archer we would not be here.I will then explain.

Good luck with the book.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home