I did the auction last night at Claridge's on behalf of St David's Care in the Community. The crowd of 300 were a jolly lot, and joined in with great enthusiasm. I had anticipated the auction raising somewhere between £30-40,000 as they managed £20,000 last year, but we ended up raising £90,000, partly because of table 6, a group of young people from RBS who kept the whole room going with bids and counter-bids. I was also helped by a very moving speech by the charity's chief executive, which always makes extracting the money easier.



5 Comments:
Congratulations on the auction.
My evening was spent reading 'Honour among Theives' and I didn't finish it until 2.45am this morning. It was brilliant as always. I stayed awake for a while trying to decide which, in my opinion is your best book, but I couldn't decide. I love them all.
Hope you keep on writing for a long time as you're my favorite author - without question.
Catherine - from Liverpool
Catherine - delighted you enjoyed 'Honour Among Thieves'. Much appreciate your kind comments. Best wishes.
Dear Lord Archer
I was just re-reading "not a penny more, not a penny less" and just figured u could probably write another novel as a sequel to this book...it was just a great book, not that others since then havent been great....I would advice Ms. Catherine to read all of Lord Archer's book. My personal favorite were the 'prison diaries', 'kane and abel' and the 'prodigal daughter' .....I am looking forward to many more books from you sir....cheers
sachal (pakistan)
Well done on the evening Sir, I enjoyed the the whole thing enormously... and greatly appreciated your efforts!!
Don't you wish good ol' George Tsakiris were there out-bidding everyone else??
Yes, A Greek Tragedy is my favourite.
Post a Comment
<< Home