Header
Header
Header
 


19 October 2007

The Affordable Art Fair

I attended a charity preview (for ActionSpace) of the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park. The exhibitors are not allowed to charge more than £3,000 for any of the works on show, and there were some very good pictures - sadly, of course, the best all get snapped up on the first day. The winner was unquestionably the sculptor Katy Poett who is beginning to gain a big reputation, and her prices are still ridiculously low. She's such a modest person, I suspect it will be some time before she works out just how talented she is. She now has so many commissions that it is almost impossible for her to put on a display, but if you ever see one, grab it, because they are a tenth of the price of the cheapest item at the Frieze. The fair goes on until Sunday night, and if you're in London, I thoroughly recommend it.

5 Comments:

Blogger idle said...

Dear Mr Archer,

I was going to be very rude to you but Mrs Idle, whose fragrance exceeds even that of Mrs Archer, has talked me out of it, simply because she enjoyed Cain and Abel, during her less discriminating days.

I am, Sir, etc
Idle

ps If you are talking about affordable art, you should plug that estimable mate of your, Chris Beetles. What a good gallery that is.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Ričardas said...

Hi,
Thanks for as reference regarding Katy Pcaoett. At least from what I could find on internet, I can more than agree with you that she is very talented. I like writing and reading haiku and seeing her sculptures I felt like I saw some haiku cast in bronze. Unfortunately, I won't be near London anytime soon so regret to miss the fair. Thanks again for the reference and your blog.

http://ricardo-haiku.blogspot.com/

10:00 AM  
Blogger Ričardas said...

motion
cast in bronze
monkeys

Thanks for the reference. Katy Poett seems to be really talented.
Have nice blogging.

http://ricardo-haiku.blogspot.com/

10:09 AM  
Blogger doc said...

My blog friend directed me to your blog & I feel compelled to let you know that your books are selling well here in Malaysia. She just bought False Impression & I, Cat O'Nine Tales (although Kane & Abel remains my favourite).

Feel free to check out our posts:
http://popcornpopping.blogspot.com/
http://doc1s1n.blogspot.com/2007/05/another-trip-to-circus.html#links

Sir, (or should I say, Lord?) should you have an extra autographed copy of any book lying around in your study, I would be much obliged if you could send it to me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

doc - why don't you email me with your address and I'll see what I can do. ricardas - many thanks, glad you like Katy Poett's work.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home