Header
Header
Header
 


11 September 2007

A weekend of sport

On Friday evening, the Rugby World Cup opened with the host nation playing Argentina, and I have nothing much to add to the thousands of column inches that have been in the national newspapers, except to say that if Argentina go on playing like this, they must be semi-finalists. The following day I went to Lord's with the intention of settling down to watch Sachin Tendulkar score a hundred. He was given out once again when he wasn't out, and it was even worse this time, because he has never scored a century at Lord's, and he was robbed. Something has to be done about a third umpire - we have it in other sports. I hope the great man will come back to England again. England played better overall than the Indians and deserved their great victory. I rushed back to watch England play the US in rugby and have absolutely nothing to add to what the press said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Response Plod said...

Hear! Hear! Argentina played really well, I thought the French were very slow out of the traps. England should have really picked their game up too but we all know that.

It was a good weekend for English sport and was great to feel proud once again in sporting achievements!

Great blog by the way! :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

congrats, England won the great finale at lords.

they played much better than indians.
well Indians were somewhat rattled by that one bad decision.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home