Header
Header
Header
 


27 September 2007

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

It is always a pleasure to go to the theatre, and just occasionally, it's a real privilege - and not just because I'm an investor. I attended the opening of Macbeth at the Gielgud last night, and Charles Spencer of The Telegraph has, this morning, described it as the greatest Macbeth he's ever seen. Patrick Stewart and Kate Fleetwood were an amazing duo as Macbeth and his lady, and Nicholas de Jongh of the Evening Standard has given it 5 stars. I will not add to the columns of praise they are receiving this morning. I will however, bring to your notice the appearance of Michael Feast as Macduff, who gives one of the finest performances of his career; when told that Macbeth has murdered his wife and three children, the next sixty seconds on stage is one of the most dramatic moments of theatre I can remember in the last 30 years, ensuring that whenever I see the director's name (Rupert Goold) on a poster in the future, I will be booking seats - whatever the production. The play is only running for 10 weeks and already has a million pound advance. If you hope to get a ticket, you'd better book now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would your advice be to an aspiring author, like me, aged 16?

Great fan of your books by the way and very best wishes.

Alex

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your comments regarding Macduff. It is moments like that that make Theatre the exciting medium it is. I would recommend this play to anyone, but them I am a theatregoer.
Out of interest, Jeffrey, what did you think of the TV version of Kane and Abel? I saw it on video the other week. It was about 20y old but very entertaing though not as good as the book, obviously.
All the best to you Jeffrey, wherever you are.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home