Publication day is always exciting, although of course hardback has more poignancy than when a book comes out a year later in what the British call paperback and the Americans softback. Nevertheless, Cat O'Nine Tales is in the bookshops in paperback today. Both sides of the Atlantic have remained faithful to Ronald Searle's magnificent drawings, which will please his many fans.
It's always a strange feeling seeing a book come out in paperback when your concentration and energy is already on the next book. I am writing this a few minutes after 8 o'clock, having spent two hours on the twelfth draft of A Prisoner of Birth - I wonder what I'll be doing when that comes out in paperback?
It's always a strange feeling seeing a book come out in paperback when your concentration and energy is already on the next book. I am writing this a few minutes after 8 o'clock, having spent two hours on the twelfth draft of A Prisoner of Birth - I wonder what I'll be doing when that comes out in paperback?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home