On Saturday I opened a fete for Scope at Meldreth Manor, a school that takes care of children with cerebral palsy. I'm always overwhelmed by these occasions, because it only takes a few seconds to realise the dedication and hard work that is put in, not only by the staff, but by the parents who live daily with their childrens' disability. Meldreth Manor takes care of some 70 children, and I certainly came away feeling that they were relaxed and happy in their environment. One of the governors asked me to place on record very firmly that children with cerebral palsy do not have the same human rights as other children when they apply for places at mainstream schools, and are often turned down without the school having to give a reason.
There were the usual dozens of stalls raising money for the charity, along with morris dancing and a small petting zoo, and the gods were kind - the sun came out at noon and shone until well after I left two hours later.
There were the usual dozens of stalls raising money for the charity, along with morris dancing and a small petting zoo, and the gods were kind - the sun came out at noon and shone until well after I left two hours later.



2 Comments:
je voudrais féliciter Jeffrey Archer pour le phénoménal livre "False Impression" that I have just finished reading ; A real escape ; I just loved it ! I would like to invent special words to express my gratefulness as well as my admiration . I have read previous books but this one is THE book ; I send my best regards ; I am so very sorry as my English is not that great ! Thank you Mr Archer !
I mainly want to congratulate Jeffrey Archer for his book "False Impression "that I have just finished ; what an escape ! what a gorgeous novel ! I had already read other books but this one, to my mind, is THE book and it gives you a real desire for hours spent in museums and you want to improve your culture about paintings from the whole world ! Thank you Mr Archer and congratulations again !!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home