As I write this, the West Indian cricket touring side are landing at Gatwick, minus one of the greatest players the game has ever known, Brian Charles Lara. I am not privy to the reasons for forcing Lara to retire when he clearly wanted to come to England to tour, but I'm sure I speak for millions of cricket fans when I say I would have liked to see him end his career at the Oval giving the English trouble in the fifth Test match, rather than lamely giving in, in the one-day game many of us still do not consider to be cricket. Mr Lara, thank you for all the pleasure and agony you have given cricket lovers. Have a happy retirement.



3 Comments:
I know absolutely nothing about cricket,and that's how it will always stay.
But I simply wanted to log a comment that this fellow Archer can tell a story fantastically well, and that his attitude puts so-many of his detractors to shame.
We're all flawed, we're all capable of honour and redemption up until our last breath, and it's always the great unspoken flaw in society that the majority of critizism is driven by envy.
I've read all the books and the short stories, and, as a fairly devout Catholic, I think that the Judas book is carefully open ended but first class.
If you haven't read much of the previous output, start with the prison diaries, which are superb.
This sums up my thoughts exactly. Absolutely agree. Best wishes to Jeffrey from NZ.
no Mr.Archer,
if u saw the cricket match,it was very terrible yo see a person like Lara taking such wrong decisions,such as declaring the power play in the last 5 overs,ie the most dirty time when all batsman want to use their power to send the ball out of the stadium,
this false decision cost them th world cup,and was a shameful loss to WI,and i guess on ethical basis he had no option but to retire
----------------------------
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=32939050
Post a Comment
<< Home