Header
Header
Header
 


27 April 2007

The Dame Edna Treatment

Last night I went through the humiliation of appearing on the Dame Edna Treatment, which will be shown as a special edition to celebrate the Dame's 50th year in the profession - whatever that profession is. Of course all her guests were humilated, what's new, and one in particular, an American, never got on Dame Edna's wavelength and in the end appeared as a startled rabbit caught in her headlights. Dame Edna charged on with her usual wit and exuberance, and once the show has been edited, all will be well.

Went home exhausted, as one always does having been shredded by the Dame. But how much more tired Barry Humphries must have been because he may not be in the headlights, but he is the headlights and has to shine all the time. Not easy.

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeBlogs said...

I find The Dame Edna Show one of the must see programmes of the week. She/he is so funny. She gets away with so much mickey taking, that others would not be able to get away with.
Nice one, look forward to seeing the episode you are on.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the show due to be shown?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caro Jeffrey,you have style and good manners, so I am sure you did well on The Dame Edna Show, I should know! Ciao Luciano

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

sfie - not sure yet of the transmission date, but I think it's in early June.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, I'll keep an eye out, I'm sure it'll be good!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so Look forward to seeing you on Dame Edna,I have only just discovered your books Fantastic!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home