Header
Header
Header
 


11 April 2007

Around the world in 24 hours

I know the earth is round because over the weekend I had to appear on several TV and radio shows at the strangest hours. First was an interview with a radio show in Texas in the early afternoon, which was actually for their morning programme. I was then linked to the East coast of the US for a lunch-time phone in, quickly followed by a late afternoon radio show in South Africa. Later that evening, I joined James Whale on TalkSport, but not before conducting a radio interview in the studio next door which was broadcast directly to Sydney, Australia, on their breakfast show. I dashed down to Cambridge for the Easter weekend, but had to return late on Sunday to appear on Kerri-Anne's Morning show on Channel 9 Australia, midnight our time, breakfast Easter Monday for them. Cricket is not the only thing they're ahead of us in.

The two weeks after a book is published is always mad, but this one seems to have been particularly crazy. The irony is that the momentum suddenly dies and you're yesterday's news - or the day before yesterday if it's Australia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I missed you on Kerrie Annes Show. Would have loved to have heard you speak. I am currently reading Cat of Nine tales and loving it just like all the other books before this one. When you are next on Aussie TV let me know. Yours sincerely Viv

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home