Header
Header
Header
 


23 March 2007

"Say cheese..."



Here's a photograph taken at our very enjoyable publishers dinner in Rome - the only one not wearing a tie is Richard Charkin, the Chief Executive of Macmillan.

I'm just leaving for Dublin as Frank and I are appearing on The Late Late Show tonight with Pat Kenny. Back tomorrow after the book signing at Eason's, and then off to New York on Sunday for the launch of The Gospel According to Judas in the US.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeffrey

Congratulations on another wonderful book!! I read it in one go - I just couldn't put it down. The book certainly gives you something to think about and I think the presentation of it was amazing. I wish you every success - you and the Professor really deserve it.

Kind Regards

Rosemary

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Rosemary - many thanks, delighted that you enjoyed it. Best wishes, Jeffrey.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleased to see that you have bounced back and busy. I would love to read the book.Good luck & God bless.

regards

Daya

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely the only one wearing a tie in this photo is one Jeffrey Archer!...? (or does a dog-collar count as a tie?)

I unashamedly admit I checked out this website only because an erstwhile colleague (a committed (Catholic) Christian, unlike myself) attended the event in Westminster Cathedral and was unexpectedly hooked and told me so.

Any credentials I might have would be literary rather than religious (an eng lit BA at UEA in Norwich) but it sounds a fascinating project and I look forward to reading the book...

I think you (and Judas Iscariot) are probably providing the "villain" we all need in the story! ('Discuss' - as they used to say in my A-level classes...!)

Good luck with the promo tour...

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been missing your posts over the last few days, hope it is just that you are busy?

Take care

regards

Stephen

10:23 AM  
Blogger geoffhudson.blogspot.com said...

I suggest that Acts 1.16 has been garbled, such that the phrase 'scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy' is a later interpolation by an editor looking to use a psalm of David (see Acts 1.20) in support of his changed narrative. Thus Acts 1.16 should be "Brothers the Spirit spoke through the mouth of Judas", not "long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas". I would also suggest that Judas had not 'served as a guide' (that is to those who arrested Jesus) but 'served as a leader or prophet'. 'Leader or prophet' in the original was the subliminal reason for the editor choosing the particular quote from Psalm 109.8 -'may another take his place of leadership'. It was Judas the prophet who had been executed and was being replaced. The verses describing Judas's suicide (Acts 1.17-19) are also later fabrication and interpolation. The group now required another prophet through whom the Spirit could speak.

Judas appears in a number of asynchronous garbled interpolations of the writings attributed to Josephus.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home