Header
Header
Header
 


05 March 2007

The past few days

Attended the opening night of Whipping it Up at the New Abassador's Theatre. Great fun, particularly for those of you interested in politics. The play is set in the Deputy Chief Whip's office and shows how the Party handles only having a majority of three when a crucial vote arises. Richard Wilson is particularly good as the Chief Whip, but is backed up by a strong cast and a good plot. Thoroughly recommended. I intend to start my own starring system, and give this show four out of five.

Travelled back into London from Cambridge on Sunday morning to do a lunch-time auction for CancerBackUp at the Reform Club. The charity specialises in offering information, practical advice and support to cancer patients and their families, at a time when they are naturally anxious and fearful. They have trained nurses to answer telephone queiries and are currently receivng 1,200 calls a week. There were 6 items in the auction, ranging from a long weekend on a yacht in the Mediterranean, to a Freddie Flintoff cricket bat, and the auction raised £30,000.

Ended the day by going to the cinema to see The Illusionist, a genuinely original film with a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. 3 stars.

Statistics

I know many of you are fascinated by statistics, and my website has just reached its first birthday. In the first month we had 11,394 hits, and last month 404,619, so thank you all for your interest and support. I'm aiming to reach a million a month by this time next year!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog and good luck with the book launch, I'm sure it will be your best bestseller.

Stephen

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you aiming to achieve a million hits by the end of whatever? What is the point of achieving that? Why are writers increasingly turning into statisticians and economists?

6:05 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - because it sells books.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

I for one am all in favour of setting targets. It helps focus the mind and concentration.

Looking forward to the book launch, being an Archer junkie!

Keep up the good work
Kind regards
David

1:04 PM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

I enjoy reading your Blog.

Please keep up the postings.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Jeffrey, those are incredibly impressive statistics. Congratulations. I await the new book on Judas Iscariot with interest. Just out of interest why does it not have your name on the cover?

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - it doesn't have my name on the cover because I wanted it to be in the Jewish tradition of a son writing on behalf of his father.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home