Header
Header
Header
 


19 March 2007

Monday morning blues

I was sorry to read of Freddie Flintoff's problems in the West Indies. He is, and always will be, a larger than life character, who immediately apologised to all his fans, and I'm confident that he will return even stronger.

One of the more ridiculous headines in the tabloids this morning was that Freddie will never captain England again - clearly written by a reporter who doesn't follow cricket that closely, otherwise he might have remembered that Mike Gatting annoyed the cricketing authorities during his career, but still managed to return as captain, as well as winning us back the Ashes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point about Gatting, I sometimes think these headlines are written by people who have never made a mistake, or more likely by people who are so un-newsworthy that the highs and lows of their lives would never be worth reporting.

Freddie is still one of the best sportsman our country has, and I believe this episode will only make him stronger.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home