Header
Header
Header
 


27 March 2007

From Late Late Show to late late post

Frank and I were in Dublin on Friday, and we stayed at The Merrion Hotel, which has to be one of the most beautiful places I've stayed - mind you I'm prejudiced, as the owner has filled the building with his amazing art collection. Frank and I appeared on several shows, ending the day with Pat Kenny on the Late Late Show. Pat is a real pro, not only had he actually read the book, but he also had an opinion to give, and at the end of our 15 minutes, I felt mentally exhausted.

The next morning, the Professor and I visited 7 bookshops to sign stock and ended up at Eason's on O'Connel Street at midday. An hour and a half later we'd sold every single copy (330) of The Gospel According to Judas so I sacked the MD and Chief Buyer and went off to lunch.

I flew back to London in time to go to a birthday dinner for Lita Young, the wife of an old friend, former Cabinet minister David Young. The entire family made speeches - two daughters, two grand-daughters, David and Lita, and the daughters won the night, having the audience in fits of laughter. Got home at midnight and slept like a log, before heading off on Sunday morning for another flight, this time to America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home