Header
Header
Header
 


22 March 2007

The day after publication

On arriving back in England yesterday, it took almost as long to get from Heathrow to TV centre in Wood Lane as it had from Da Vinci airport to Heathrow. Another packed day of radio, tv and press interviews ended at Westminster Cathedral hall last night, where the Professor and I presented our case to a large and attentive audience. The event was kindly chaired by The Reverend Dr Dermot Power and we were honoured by the presence of His Eminence Archbishop Gregorios of Thyateira and Great Britain and The Right Reverend George Stack, Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster, along with several other leading churchmen.

The professor had to take some very tough questions from his own brethren, but once again handled them with skill and patience. I must confess that two of the questions I didn't even understand, and needed further explanation when we retired to Gran Paradiso for dinner at the end of the evening. Dr Power, Father Micheael Seed, Professor Moloney and I had hoped for a restful evening, but there's no hope of having a meal with three priests and not expect to be regularly interrupted with questions from other diners. Before staggering into bed around midnight, I glanced at my diary for today to see that I would be opening up with an interview with The Church Times at 9.30am. That would have been fine if I hadn't foolishly walked over to my desk to find a pile of letters and emails left by my PA, for me to read before she arrived back at 8.00am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

I am sure God will give you the strength to get through your hectic week...by the sound of it, it would floor a man half your age!

I haven't read the book yet, my better half has been hogging it.

God Bless
David

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home