
We have just learned that our stolen statues have been found, and Mary has put out the following statement:
"We are absolutely delighted that our stolen works of art have been safely recovered. We would like to thank the Cambridgeshire Police, who made the recovery, and the local and national media for the publicity they gave to the theft."
May I also thank all those who wrote and emailed their best wishes while I was away writing.



12 Comments:
Excellent News M'Lord and well done to the Cambridgeshire Police.
Enjoying The Verdict very much. Portillo and your good self seem to keep the jury together and put Stan in his place when required. Are there any plans to put "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" back on the stage at any time? I would also like to say sorry for my spelling mistake at the previous post (Chateau d'Yquem)
Kind Regards
Ian
Lord Archer,
good to hear you have you property back.
However, if you are tempted to pay a reward beware of the 2002 proceeds of crime act.
Even a secret payment may be revealed at a later date via the media thus givng you future legal problems.
Just talk to Lord Rothschild about the legal minefield he has been through pursuing his beloved Gold Boxes.
Some good news. I am very pleased for you both. There can be few people who have not had something stolen. We did not get any of our back, so it is good to hear you have
Hi Jeffrey
Fantastic news, so glad they have been recovered in piece.
Hope the writing is going well, I always look forward to your next masterpiece. The only problem with finishing your books, is the wait until the next one!!!!
Keep up the good work.
That is wondrful wonderful news Lord Archer! Mrs W and I spent a whole evening worrying about those blessed statues, especially after seeing you looking so concerned on "The Verdict" and "Million Pound Giveaway".
Can you put us out of our misery and let us know - were they damaged by the felons?
xx
Mr. Archer,
I have read several of your books, and i must admit i am not an avid reader; however, beginning with Kane and Abel, i have since not been able to put your books down. I am an officer in the US Army, currently in Afghanistan, and twice a week i look for your books in the exchange. I am sad to report they do not sell them. Today i was so fed up that i thought to look on your site for your publishings and quickly learned and am excited, there is so many more out there. Thank you for you website and your wonderful contributions, which have richly affected so many.
Sincerely, LTC Jeffrey A. Poshard (poshardja@yahoo.com)
Wonderful news that your statues have been recovered! Hope you are able to reinstate them into their original positions OK and no doubt you will be increasing your security to make sure they stay there in the future!
Greatly enjoying The Verdict - an enlightening glimpse into the legal system and an interesting subject for discussion. Looking forward to hearing 'the verdict' tonight!
“The Verdict” was a very interesting fictional court case and shows me the disadvantage of ‘Jury trials’. The investigation was at a minimum level, the hard evidence very poor, and the prosecution as limp as a rag. The matter that discontented me was the absent of juridical support for the victim.
The foreman Michael Portillo was unable to find a balance in the discussion and stopping the verbal intimidating and aggressive performance from Stan Collymore and MegaMan. In my opinion it had a big influence on the jury and the social live of the well-known members. This gives them no possibility to make a fair decision.
After 4 days off watching I am very glad we have not Jury Trials in the Netherlands.
I'm very pleased that your stolen statues have been found. What a delightful garden you have. Do you ever get a chance to enjoy it with your busy lives?
Con. Man
Dear Jeffrey.
I am pleased the statues have been returned, they are wonderful pieces of art-work and it would be an utter travesty for them to be broken down or separated. In particular the aesthetics and balance of the handstand is remarkable and should be preserved as part of the real art heritage of this country.
I am new to this blog and am a fan of your fiction and your factual work
I also hate, loath and detest modern-art and suggest that for some artist they fully deserve a dose of the cat-of-nine-tails.
best
Eddie
Hi -
My name is Maria Scannell, and I'm in my final year of seconday school in New Zealand. Part of our English course this year involves studying selected short stories, and one of the ones we study is "A Change of Heart". In the foreword of To Cut a Long Story Short, it says that A Change of Heart is based on true events, or something to that effect. Our English teacher has offered a $20 reward to the first person who can find out who Stoffel van den Berg really was. Can you help me on this?
Thanks in advance -
Maria Scannell
november_rain2303@hotmail.com
maria - I'm afraid I made up the name Stoffel van den Berg - when a short story is based on a true incident, I always change the names. Perhaps you'll win the $20 for finding this out anyway! Good luck with your studies.
Post a Comment
<< Home