I travelled to Rome on Thursday to prepare for the launch of The Gospel According to Judas on March 20th. It was very pleasant to have lunch in a pavement cafe in the Piazza Apostoli in between meetings with the Catholic church hierarchy.
I saw for the first time the German and Italian versions of the Gospel, and was assured that the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish and of course the English editions, will all be available on the same day. Mondadori, my Italian publishers, pointed out that to have seven languages published on the same day was probably a first; they told me that the foreign editions of Harry Potter are published three to four months after the English edition. I can't tell you too much about what took place in Rome as I'm meant to be keeping it secret until March 20th.
I saw for the first time the German and Italian versions of the Gospel, and was assured that the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish and of course the English editions, will all be available on the same day. Mondadori, my Italian publishers, pointed out that to have seven languages published on the same day was probably a first; they told me that the foreign editions of Harry Potter are published three to four months after the English edition. I can't tell you too much about what took place in Rome as I'm meant to be keeping it secret until March 20th.



3 Comments:
Mr. Jeffery Archer,
I wish to be anonymous, and am thirteen-years-old, living in Australia. Under the influence of my mother, I have read 'Kane and Abel' and many of your short story novels, including A Twist in a Tale, A Quiver Full of Arrows, Cat of Nine Tails. I am a great fan of yours, and your novels have influenced me and surely many other young readers out there to write. I have also read one of your latest novels, False Impression, which I loved reading. My grandfather, whom I also recommended Kane and Abel to, was satisfied. He was the one who explained to me that Kane and Abel were biblical characters.
From your greatest fan
Good Morning M'Lord
With Dan Brown being my second favourite author, and having recently read Angels and Demons, I think it is great that you are to make your launch in Rome. As for the UK launch, you mentioned Westminster Abbey, Any News??
P.S My Favourite author is definately you M'Lord. When can we expect your next works after The Gospel?
Kind Regards
Ian
ian cottee - all the details for publication of The Gospel According to Judas will be posted on the website soon. My next book after this will be 'A Prisoner of Birth', out next year.
anonymous - many thanks, and keep reading!
Post a Comment
<< Home