Header
Header
Header
 


20 February 2007

Highlights of my week

On Wednesday evening I went to see Boeing Boeing at the Comedy Theatre, and I recommend it if you want to laugh until you cry. It's the best comedy I've seen in years so grab tickets while Roger Allam, Frances de la Tour and Mark Rylance are still in the cast - and no, I'm not an angel in this production - only wish I was.

I've just done an interview with Neil Denny, editor-in-chief of The Bookseller. This is the bible for those in the trade, giving details of everything that's happening in the book world, and frankly is indispensible for a full time author. Mr Denny was interviewing me about The Gospel According to Judas, in particular how I met up with Professor Francis J Moloney, and what it's like to collaborate with such a distinguished and respected academic. It is a pleasant change to be interviewed by someone who talks about the books and ones work, rather than simply asking a series of sterotypical questions about the past.

On Saturday I watched my rugby team, Cambridge, beat Manchester 28-27. Our brilliant fly half kicked a penalty from 42 yards with 60 seconds to go, making it one of the most thrilling matches I've ever seen in my life, as well as securing our position in national league two for another season.

11 Comments:

Blogger MarkW said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again M'Lord

Can't wait for The Gospel and Well Done to Mr Denny for omitting the obvious. I'm sure to purchase it on the day of release.

Keep up the excellent work M'Lord

Ian

4:28 PM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

When you say you watched Cambridge do you refer to the University team or the City team. I am interested as I have been involved with both as a spectator at Grange Road were I first saw Rob Andrew play. Also at the City my son played for one of the junior teams and I helped run the bar on Sundays. O happy days.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was my First time at the Rugby,I enjoyed it very much and was great to see cambridge win. The lunch was also very nice.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was my first time at the Rugby and I enjoyed it very much, was great to see Cambridge win.
The Lunch was aslo very good.
I look forward to going again.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

markw - thanks for your message - the Gospel will be priced at £9.99 in the UK. Glad you enjoyed the TV show.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

johnny - Sorry, I should have made that clear - it's the City team, CRUFC.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Zyenab said...

Hello sir :)

Landed on ur blog from nowhere but aint regretting this land.You've got a very nice blog.Loved reading it.

Regards
[ZA]

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer,
I bought one of your novels yesterday at MPH Midvalley in Kuala Lumpur. Today I 'googled' your name and found some entries, including the one in Wikipedia which then led me to your blog. I haven't started reading False Impression yet but I have read the stories of your background. It's interesting. :)
I wish I could write well in English. Most of the time, my ideas for stories (some of which were inspired from my dreams) are not recorded in writings...

Best regards
W M Nizar
Kuala Lumpur

6:08 AM  
Blogger Deborah Crawford said...

allo! Came upon this site and wondering why "As the Crow Flies" is yet to be made by Hollywood. I read it in '93 and still is one of my most fave's. I'm an avid fan from near Los Angeles.. ;o) Maybe the Oscars last night got me to thinking>>>

4:11 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

deborah - I've not been approached by Hollywood for this particular novel, but thank you.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home