Header
Header
Header
 


03 January 2007

No begging letters please!

Just a line to say how touched I am by the response I've had to last night's show, Fortune: Million Pound Giveaway. I hope you continue to enjoy the series.

22 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Hi Jeffrey,good show last night some sad but had a good out come and some funny , to ask for a list of things for the flat and thinking they would get the money is beyond me , looking forward to the next show, have a nice day .

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great show last night - got the video set for the rest of the series! Have been trying to spot myself in the audience, but without much success. When is the other new show 'Verdict' due to be screened?
Good luck with the book - your being away for a few weeks does little to quash the rumours that you will be appearing in BB 2007 though!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your books-- I'm one of your avid American readers, and I'm very much looking forward to your next novel!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Vivian - many thanks, glad you enjoyed the show; and Kirstie - many thanks - always pleased to hear from my American readers.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

jacqui - glad you enjoyed the show. The Verdict is due to be show in March, but I'm not sure yet of the exact date. Thank you for your good wishes. Happy New Year to you all.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not begging for anything other than an explanation of why Danville, Illinois is mentioned so prominently in "FALSE IMPRESSIONS"No one in Danville seems to know if there is a connection to you. Thanks

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey, I'm new to the world of Lord Archer but I've just ordered your new book Cat O' Nine Tales to accompany me on a holiday to Singapore. From all accounts it should be great reading and I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail. Best of luck for the new year and for all the adventures you tackle throughout the year. Jason, Northern Territory, Australia

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord enjoyd your show, will you be on bb soon. please. som idots here nou. difrit frm yu. wil yu be help thm,god luk,

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer,
What a great idea from Jacqui. You on BB! If only you would do it. You could bring some much-needed gravitas and intelligence to a show that is very poor at present because of all the has-beens and
Z list 'stars'. Please consider it.
Here's hoping, Con. Man

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

billjean - I have no connection with Danville - in my research it was shortlisted with a random selection of towns, and after checking its location, size etc, it fitted the bill. Best wishes.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Jason - many thanks. Hope you enjoy the book and have a great holiday.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Conservative man - Thank you - but under no circumstances would I ever enter the Big Brother house!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffery, I have no clue about your show but all I know is that you are my favorite writer and recently i just bought your copies of all the three prision diaries(as there were only broken copies of it in stores) and have just finished Belmarsh Hell and your diary has captivated me (especially fletche's story-it's disgusting, these kind of paedophilic people should be tortured first and then killed)...and now two more are yet to be read...and i know,i always get the best of you...and yeah! congratulations for your new Cat of nine tails, as it comes to the stores i'll grab them...Hope it sells a more than a billion copy...have a great day and God bless...

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer

Enjoyed the show very much. How do I get on it??? I'm trying to raise nearly £80,000 in graduate fees to complete a degree in veterinary Science at Liverpool University. (Already got a Bsc in Equine Science 2:1) I've managed to raise nearly £20,000 through diligence and hard work but having seen the show felt you guys may think my plight was more worthy than someone wanting a new sofa!!

Jo Travers

5:59 PM  
Blogger premkudva said...

I just finished reading A Prison Diary all volumes yesterday. I had never thought of reading them earlier. And so read Sons of Fortune, False Impression and Cat O' Nine Tales.

It was after reading Cat O' Nine Tales that I finally decided to buy A Prison Diary (all vols) needless to say they were just like your other books. It might been written under great distress by you as is evident in your writing. But it was well worth the effort.

I mean I am now thinking why you were imprisoned at all. Just what is it that you did. Is that what your new book will be about? I wonder.

Thank you once again.
Premnath Kudva, India

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey - I've added an entry about your blog into my blog. Take a look and see - there's a dinner invitation in there for you if you're game! Jason, Northern Territory, Australia

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Jo Travers - Many thanks for your email and your comments. I of course have no influence with the producers as to who is selected for the show, but as there may be a second series, email me at questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk and I'll give you the details. Well done with your efforts to date, and best of luck in the future.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey,

Just wondering what the beef is with this Gospel according to Judas thing? Sounds interesting- is it for real? How did you get involved with it?

Good work on the telly the other night old chap. Good to see you're keeping yourself busy.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey: Upon my arrival home from most recent UK trip with several book s and cigars safely tucked away, my wife took Cat O' Nine Tails from me. She could not put it down (I think she read it all evening). I now have the book in my possesion and have been enjoying it thoroughly.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jeffrey,
my daughter has recieved a place at a grammer school and you have to pay a fee: of £8000 a year!!! I can't aford that so I need some advice what am I going to do?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - why do you have to pay a fee for a grammar school?

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm one of your fans from Singapore! Wow, didn't know you had a blog. Sigh.. Had to do a book review and guess which book I chose? First Impressions! Just finished it a few days ago. I've been waiting for the school library to finally get a copy, and I was to first to borrow it! Lucky aren't I? -Giggles- I love your novels! Can't seem to put it down.. Good Luck with your next book!!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home