Header
Header
Header
 


09 January 2007

The Gospel According to Judas

So now you know what I've been doing for the past six months.

I have collaborated on this very exciting project with Professor Francis J Moloney, and you can read more details about it in the article that appeared in The Sunday Times on Sunday 7 January.

The Gospel According to Judas will be published on March 20th, and as I have never done anything like this before, I'll be fascinated to hear your views.

Thanks for all your messages -keep them coming.

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Online Pixie thanks you for the update!

Don't let the soandsos grind you down Jeffers!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could answer a few questions about the new book? Leaving to one side the questions of your fee (ho ho), could you give us further details?

Are you able to comment on your involvement with the biblical scholarship? Generally speaking do you always write so quickly? (I'm amazed at the speed with which you've completed this project!)

Assuming it sells well will you consider other biblical stories? Reading between the lines, do you identify a little with Judas? In that you've both been treated, some might argue, unfairly.

Something else-one final, cheeky question-is this a work you'd class as fiction or non fiction? Thanks for your time,

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

Happy New Year

I have just enjoyed watching "Fortune"...quite entertaining, although it became fairly obvious who the panel would give the money too...there was too much of a difference between the really good causes and the chancers.

Anyway, to prove that our family are mad keen Archer readers, for Christmas I gave my wife a copy of Cat O' Nine Tails and she gave me a copy! Luckily, I gave her the gift edition and she only gave me the hardback (which is now on Ebay)!

We are both looking forward to reading The Gospel According to Judas. I am sure you have made it a very interesting and intriguing read. It is time that everything we read in The Bible is not taken as gospel and needs to be questioned.

Kind regards
David

11:07 PM  
Blogger Karthik Murali said...

sir,
is it going to be your first non fiction attempt?

and have u ever considered writing an autobiography of yours,like Sidney Sheldon in his "Other Side of Me"?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genius - a bit of controversy - that'll get 'em talking! You sly old dog - you kept that one quiet! ;-)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeffrey,

Your industry never ceases to amaze me.
Did Judas write a gospel or is this Prof. Moloney's idea of what it might have been had he written one?
Sounds like an intriguing venture.
How did you collaborate? Did he supply the ideas while you did the writing?

5:35 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Many thanks for all your comments. I'm afraid that until publication of The Gospel According to Judas, I'm not answering any detailed questions on it. All I can say is that it was my idea and I asked Professor Moloney to join me on the project. I'll be happy to give you more information at a later date.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mosilager said...

Thanks for blogging! Nice to be able to interact with an author whom I grew up reading. I watched a National Geographic special on the gospel according to Judas. It's very interesting. Good to know that a book is coming out.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Archbishop Cranmer said...

Doubtless another account of first-century religio-politics which undermines Christian orthodoxy. It seems par for the course these days.

One wonders why you don't tackle a novel entitled 'The Truth about Mohammed'...

His Grace knows some eminent Muslim scholars who would be more than happy to assist you.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeffrey

I am so looking forward to reading "The Gospel According to Judas" I am sure it will a great and interesting read. One of the wonderful things about your writings is just how varied your books are. I have also thoroughly enjoyed watching your plays. I was wondering if you you ever come to the North of England for any book signings so that your fans from North of Birmingham can meet you?

Kindest regards,

Rosemary

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome idea for a book. In trying to be first in line for a pre-order I have read some rather unflattering portraits of you and this work (so many critics- so little generosity of spirit). Anyway please keep writing. Those of us with open minds understand that no topic is so sacred that it can't or shouldn't be explored from every angle.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
I have been willing to write for a long time now but never dared. May I say how I enjoy your books, how page-turning they are ? Thank you for giving me hours of happiness and bewilderement. I started with "not a penny more, not a penny less" and couldn't believe I'd read it in two days. So far I've read everything and look forward to reading more. As we say in France you could write the phone book and I'd gladly read it.
Many thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Love, Kismet. From France

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to see your new work! Cant wait until the Mac. I wonder how long does it take in order to reach Asia...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO MR ARCHER.........

I have heard so much about you, Sir, i have been told you are great writer, however, i have never had the pleasure of reading your work, well, until yesterday, when i watched "A million pound giveaway", what you said on the show really touched me, your kind words of wisdom, your fruitful suggestions to your fellow comarades, but, most importantly, the kind heart you possess, the kindness you showed to those people was beyond doubt the greatest thing i have witness.
Forgive me, for placing to much emphasis on yesterday's show, i read "To Cut a long story short", and the entire story including"Death speaks" and "Love at first sight" really touched me deeply, your wiriting style is so fluent and lyrical. it was just one of the best stories i have read in a long, long time.
i am sure you might have heard this anecdote several times, but, i am a novice writer and poet, and some advice and wise words from you would really make my day beecause i aspire and hope one day i would be able to write the way you write because it's magical and it causes one to ponder and it equally touches millions.....

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Archer
I was wondering whether you have an email address which I could write to as I have some queries about some of your stories content (probably due to my poor understanding or ignorance in certain matters). If you could provide me with an email add, I would be very grateful to finally be able to clear some fog. Thanks a lot

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

cranmer - Thanks for your comment, but I hope you will read the Gospel first, before passing judgement.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

karthik Murali - I have no plans at the moment to write my autobiography.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Rosemary - many thanks, I do sometimes travel north! But I'm afraid I have no plans at the moment to be near Birmingham. Keep an eye on my website and I will announce any future book signings or events. Best wishes.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - you can email me at questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey,

Normally I don't read stories that try to re-write bible history however having studied for several years the headlines of the book have merit. The Jews were indeed waiting for Jesus to overthrow the Romans and this is stated several times in the gospels. Judas no doubt had a good heart as he faithfully followed Jesus for a year and a half ( although the accounts do say he took money from the poor box ). He may well have been disillusioned that Jesus would not promote a military solution to Jewish subservience
I look forward to an interesting read

12:34 AM  
Blogger grapeshisha said...

Thanks for the news. Looking forward to March. Have you got distribution for Dubai - or will I need to pay the hefty imports from London?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Miss Harley Quinn said...

Hey!
Loving your show 'Fortune', can't wait for the new book...always wondered about Judas and his take on things.
And, if it's not too forward, can I say that you are looking really fit!

Hollie

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Archer,
Im a great fan of your books and ur story telling skills are excellent. I was reading your Collection of Short Stories, and came across this story of 'Trial and Error'. I must say that, it surprised me that you can narrate even a murder story so convincingly and keep the readers glued to the pages. So i was just wondering, why you didnt write a full length book on a murder mystery ? I'm sure the response for that is only going to be tremendous. Please excuse me if you have already written a murder mystery and im not aware of it.
Please continue to write more and more books and entertain us like you always do.... long live jeffrey archer.

regards
Abhi
Singapore

1:53 AM  
Blogger Jason Nitz said...

Lord Archer

I bought your new novel 'False Impression' whilst waiting in the airport departure lounge in Singapore for my flight home to Australia. Not only did the book deprive me of precious sleep on the flight, but it's also been the cause of much anger from my wife as I sit and read it whilst I should be attending to other duties around the house. All I can say is 'brilliant'! It boggles me how someone can come up with a plot as good as this when I struggle to come up with excuses why I'm late. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next novel.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey Archer,

I'm a really big fan of your novels and have been since 14 years old. Now I'm 16 and I've completed 4 novels, 2 short stories and almost have the entire collection of published books. I can't wait for more books from you. You really are the greatest storyteller of our age.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Charles McCarthy said...

Lord Archer,

I pray that i have addressed you properly.

I have been an avid reader for many years.I especially enjoyed your prison diaries However i can not understand why the media seems to relish in knocking you. It seem that the media, both here in America and in the UK, are jealous of anyone who is successful by their own efforts. At some point the media decided they had become central to the stories they tell rather than the chroniclers they are intended to be. It is when they some across someone like yourself, who doesn't need them in order to succeed, that they sharpen their fangs. The thing that amazes me, in your case, is that you have sold over a hundred million books does that that show anything to the media? I hope i am making myself clear, irison diaries and wanted to pass on something that occurred to me while reading them and became clearer to while reflecting on the books. I have yet to see a personality as vilified by the media as you have been. The press , both here i did halo want to commend you on you dignity in handling the treatment you received, even when you wife was at ac eked during your trial. i can only speak for myself but the way you have conducted yourself should be viewed as a lesson by all.

I look forward to your future books and wish you and your family continued good health and fortune.


Charles McCarthy

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home