Header
Header
Header
 


18 December 2006

The Missing Week

A week of Christmas parties and carol services - not to mention attempting to buy presents for the family, and making sure I don't give them the same as last year. Fortunately my PA left on my desk a list of all the presents I'd given my family, in alphabetical order, for the past four years. I can't for the life of me think why they need anything else.

The only piece of bad news this week was that the bathroom flooded and we're going to need new carpets in the bedroom. Oh, and The Guardian attacked me for daring to get up in the morning and do a day's work. It is fascinating how The Guardian, who would pose as the one newspaper who would give someone who left prison the chance to rebuild their career, is the one paper who attacks me without ever getting in touch. I do hope they have a very happy Christmas. But if I'm over-reacting and you're a Guardian reader, you'll be able to judge for yourself during the coming year.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

Glad to hear from you again...you are lucky though that you have sorted out the family Christmas presents. I must get started though I've no idea what to get anyone.

Have a very peaceful Christmas. Have enjoyed your blogs...keep up the good standard in the new year.

Kind regards
David

11:33 PM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

I hope you and your family have a Happy Christmas. Dont read The Guardian to ensure you do.

They never practice what they preach.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Karthik Murali said...

Hi,
do u think the English media's verbal attack on the the England cricket team for failing miserably in Ashes,in the newspapers(like disgraceful,shameful etc..),is justifiable or is it jus like the Guardian ,a little oversensitive and unfair?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

David - many thanks. I will try. Karthik - the English press seem only to be interested in good news or bad news, and the attacks made on the English cricket team are exactly opposite to their attitude a year ago. It's the two extremes that sell newspapers. The truth is that the Australians are a superior side, and England is probably still the second best team in the world.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey,

Here;s wishing you a merry christmas and a great start to 2007!!

Just wanted to let you know that I had planned to spend this fortnight of my vacations just devouring books written by you. Finished Twelve Red Herrings, and First Among Equals last week. I've just finished False Impression and I must say that I simply loved it. Kane and Abel's up next.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact is english team thought their winning the ashes was just a fluke & they dropped their guards.flintoff is always having injuries & i think he isn't fit enough.personally i think they should have a army camp in the jungle with strenous exercise for 15 days like the australians.warne may hv complained but it will help definitely.about guardian the less said the better.their biased views during your term says tons about their standard.some ignomorous people just love to bring down people,this gives them pleasure.they want to show others that they are no better than us.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home