Header
Header
Header
 


06 December 2006

Last week's update

I spent Monday through to Thursday last week filming a secret project for BBC2, details of which will be announced on December 13th.

On Friday, after an hour in the gym, I had a fitting for an earpiece, in preparation for the ITV series, Fortune: Million Pound Giveaway. They've changed the title three times, so don't be surprised if it's not the one you see on your screen. I went on to the Reader's Digest Christmas literary celebration - they've been publishing me in their abridged edition for the past 20 years.

I also dropped in to the opening of Scott's restaurant on Mount Street - it's the latest offspring of the Caprice, Ivy and J Sheeky. The dining room is quite beautiful and I was not surprised to discover they'd spent some £4m revamping it from the old Scott's, because there was nothing I could see that remained from those days. The food was excellent, and I shall certainly be returning.

I ended the day at the Dorchester, conducting the auction at the Mistletoe Ball for Cancer Research UK. All the volunteers worked their hearts out, and everyone had a wonderful evening. The auction raised £61,500, and frankly the audience were very generous, because one or two of the items would have been hard to sell at a car boot sale.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mash said...

hey Jeff
Im frm India...and a huge admirer of your writing.
I have read and own each and every book of yours.
I wonder what you are writing next and want to ask you as to when is your next novel due?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

mash - many thanks for your comments - I'm delighted you enjoy my books. I will start my new novel, Prisoner of Birth, in January, but this won't be published until 2008.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good evening Jeffrey,

Thank you for your marvellous novels and short stories.I am French and I have read (in English) and enjoyed all your books; The next one will be False Impressions, which I bought a couple of weeks ago and will read in the coming days. I want to buy Cat O' Nine Tales, but I didn't find an edition with colour pictures so far. The first book I read was Not a Penny more, not a Penny less. That was in July 2003. I had watched the news on the BBC and here you were, just released from jail. I had heard of you of course (through the BBC), but I didn't know then that you were a writer, but it so hapenned that a few days later I saw some of you books in a library and I bought Not a Penny more Not a Penny less, out of curiosity. Since then, I have been in love with all your books. I really enjoy reading them. I enjoy the twisted ends of you stories, and, for example, the end of First Among Equals is just as great as it is unespected.
You are, with W.S. Maugham and G. Greene, one of my favorite English writers.
Sorry if my English is not up to standard, but I am in love with the English language and you are most definitely part of that love.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

georges - many thanks for your very kind comments - I'm delighted that you have enjoyed my books. May I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeffrey,
Your books are amazing, but more so is your indominable spirit to deal with and overcome adversity.
You are an inspiration and fulfill the shoes of your predecessors Scott, Shackelton and Feines.
I like to think the cat o Nine tails is a dig at your faceless adversories who chose to kick a MAN who was down.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home