Mary and I attended a preview of The Sound of Music at the London Palladium on Monday night. We would have been at the opening night next week , but I'll be on a book tour in Australia then, and as I have an investment in the show, I decided to see it early.
The show is great family fun. Lesley Garrett singing Climb Every Mountain, stole the show, and like the great opera star she is, she went on taking bows. Connie Fisher was outstanding, and the children, you will not be surprised to hear, were delightful.
I have a feeling the critics will be sniffy, but with an advance of over £13m at the box office, you won't get a ticket this Christmas. Had a word with David Ian, the producer, to try and get the inside story on why Captain von Trapp had suddenly disappeared and the understudy was on stage - "Read the press tomorrow Jeffrey," he said, and didn't seem at all worried; David assured me, after the first preview with the new Captain von Trapp, that he is thrilled.
The show is great family fun. Lesley Garrett singing Climb Every Mountain, stole the show, and like the great opera star she is, she went on taking bows. Connie Fisher was outstanding, and the children, you will not be surprised to hear, were delightful.
I have a feeling the critics will be sniffy, but with an advance of over £13m at the box office, you won't get a ticket this Christmas. Had a word with David Ian, the producer, to try and get the inside story on why Captain von Trapp had suddenly disappeared and the understudy was on stage - "Read the press tomorrow Jeffrey," he said, and didn't seem at all worried; David assured me, after the first preview with the new Captain von Trapp, that he is thrilled.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home